Amplify the Student Experience: Enhanced Access for Your Connected Campus
Students these days are ‘born digital.’ Their mobile devices are natural extensions of their existence ― and they love to use them to access anything.
Modernizing your campus with a top-notch connected ecosystem is one of the easiest ways to attract students and set a stellar on-campus experience into motion. The convenience and security delivered by RFID credentials ― whether in the form of an ID card, wearable or mobile wallet ― helps elevate an ordinary educational environment to an exceptional one.
Cast a Connected Ecosystem Over Your Campus
The power behind the simple flash of a phone or ID card is similar to using a magic wand. Secure, trusted access is granted to students in a matter of seconds as RFID technology transforms static spaces, places and services into smart authentication touchpoints.
Part of this wonder is that applications now stretch far beyond just physical access. With the wave of a student’s credential, a frictionless experience follows them as they move across the property using RFID identity verification to open the seemingly endless campus use cases, which include:
- Laundry Facilities
- Parking Garages
- EV Charging
- On- and Off-Campus Dining (point-of-sale)
- On- and Off-Campus Retail (point-of-sale)
- Vending Machines
- Food Trucks
- Elevators and Turnstiles
- Class Attendance
- Mail Services
- Health Centers
- Recreation Centers
- Bike Rentals
- Storage Lockers
- Events and Ticketing
- Annual Registrations & Back-to-School
- Campus bookstore
Establishing a comprehensive connected campus not only resonates with the higher education population, it’s also effective for streamlining administrative overhead, driving efficiencies across facilities and helping to modernize your overall brand. RFID earns top marks for addressing top-of-mind concerns for campus decision-makers when it comes to this type of digital investment:
- Is It Secure, Easy and Convenient? RFID authentication by HID is backed by world-leading security experts. Product line designs are intuitive for users and easy to manage for administrators, from anywhere at any time.
- Is It Futureproof? One of the biggest benefits of working with HID is that our solutions flex and grow with the needs of your institution. As your requirements change amidst quarters, semesters, and school years, our capabilities and solutions enable you to simplify administration processes, streamline efficiencies and optimize operational costs.
- Will It Attract/Resonate With Students? Students live in a mobile-first world, and they expect the digital conveniences from their off-campus life to carry over into their higher education atmosphere. HID supports an extraordinary experience with a progressive digital access portfolio to help your efforts to attract and retain students.
Ready to Get Smarter Access on Campus?
Higher education is the next frontier that is poised to prosper from RFID verification technology. As the world leader in identity and access, HID is proud to adapt the successful lessons learned across corporate, healthcare and retail venues to drive first-class access, security and user authentication benefits into campus settings around the world.
Mohit is Sr. Manager, Product Marketing in the Extended Access Technologies business area. He has over 10 years of varied experience in product marketing, product management, business planning and engineering. His product portfolios included both B2B and B2C products in a diverse set of companies such as PDC IDenticard, Canon, Sears, General Motors. More recently he has been in the security industry for almost 4 years including his current role at HID.