Military Bases & Mobile Biometrics: Ensure Accurate Identity Verification Is Always In-Hand
Reliable identity verification is paramount across defense-related environments, especially in sensitive zones like military bases where classified information, critical infrastructure and valuable assets are housed. Biometric authentication reader systems provide the ideal balance between security, usability and speed to enable personnel to confidently grant authorized access to facilities, equipment and IT systems.
10 Requirements for Biometric Identity Verification for Military Base Access
Not all biometric products are acceptable for critical missions. Consider these questions to help zero in on the precise authentication device to protect your high-traffic military areas.
A Commanding Compact & Mobile Reading Device for Rapid Identity Verification
HID offers a comprehensive biometric portfolio featuring high-performing scanners and software to support defense and government applications. The newest addition to the force is the HID Verifier Sentry 2.0.
Versatile yet straightforward, the Verifier Sentry 2.0 is a rugged, durable biometric and credential reader ideal for a range of mobile authentication use cases in highly challenging environmental conditions. It performs quick, seamless identity verification to confirm individuals coming and going across military bases and other facility access points.
In addition to checking off ALL the boxes in the list above, other merits of the Verifier Sentry 2.0 worth mentioning include the following:
- Secure & Accurate — Based on security-by-design principles, features highly accurate scanner and reader technologies from HID’s award-winning biometrics portfolio
- Rapid & Efficient — Built to perform quick, seamless authentication in fast-paced, high-volume settings
- Versatile — Multimodal design features integrated, best-in-class HID NOMAD™ 30 fingerprint sensor (FAP 30), camera for facial recognition, barcode to scan badges and contact/contactless smart card reader
- Rugged — Operates in harsh and challenging conditions (extreme heat/cold, wet/dry, lightness/darkness, dust and other outdoor elements)
- Portable & Adaptable — Mobile and lightweight with integrated handgrip for fast barcode reading or fingerprint scanning; future option to add facial recognition with built-in camera
- Serviceable — Designed to stay up and running in the field for less downtime and battery hassle
- SDKs Included — Helps developers design their own Android apps including on-device matching
Watch the video to see why HID Verifier Sentry 2.0 is the ideal tool for identity verification for military base access.
HID is committed to building secure, tough and reliable biometric authentication tools to help men and women in uniform best protect and defend operations. Mobile biometric devices that provide the added benefits of portability allow military personnel to carry the necessary authentication capabilities conveniently with them wherever service is required.